How do you track movement in the SERPs?
Do you keep a manual spreadsheet that you update diligently every day? Maybe you only have access to weekly data?
Neither option is ideal, especially when you want to track a large volume of keywords, competitors and SERP features across multiple clients and different search engines.
SERP tracking tools allow you to enter all the keywords you want to monitor, along with their respective SERP features.
No more manual (and probably inaccurate) spreadsheets. And no more waiting for fresh data.
In this post, we'll explore the key features to look for in SERP tracking software, and look at a shortlist of tools to consider and how they stack up against each other.
The best SERP Trackers:
- AccuRanker – fastest and most accurate standalone daily SERP tracker, but more expensive.
- ProRankTracker – cost-effective standalone SERP tracking solution with solid reporting capabilities.
- Advanced Web Ranking (AWR) – advanced standalone SERP tracker with excellent white-label reports.
- Semrush Position Tracker – accurate daily SERP tracker that’s part of a leading all-in-one SEO platform.
- SERPWatcher – affordable SERP checker that’s part of Mangool’s SEO suite.
- SE Ranking – cost-effective rank tracker that’s part of an all-in-one SEO toolset.
- Nightwatch – accurate and affordable daily rank tracker.
If you want to skip ahead to a specific section in the post, please use the jump links below:
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links in this article. If you decide to purchase a tool through one of those affiliate links, I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support.
Why Should You Invest in SERP Tracking Software?
One of the leading indicators to validate your efforts, and justify an investment in SEO, is the ability to accurately track the movements of your SERP features and positions across different search engines, locations, and devices.
You need to be able to show progress. And the right SERP tracking software can help you do that at a granular level, and tie it back to key business objectives (more on this later).
SERP trackers will enable you to: