Looking for the best PPC tools? Read on.
Pay-per-click marketing provides a valuable channel for getting your business in front of the people looking for the products or services you sell.
It provides a channel to get immediate top page one visibility while organic search efforts are maturing.
A well-oiled PPC campaign is like having a tap for traffic, leads, and sales that you can turn on whenever you want.
But, there are a lot of moving pieces.
You need to know which keywords to target, which ad copy will resonate and win the click, which landing pages will convert visitors, and how to measure and optimize performance.
Get any one of these wrong, and it can cost you a lot of time and money. Disruptive Advertising found the average AdWords account wastes 76% of its budget on the wrong keywords.
This is where PPC software comes in. The right toolset can eliminate all the guesswork and help you reach profitability much faster.
But, not all PPC tools are created equal. Some are better for competitor research, some for bid management, others for landing page testing. The right mix will be determined mostly by your business needs and budget.
To help you make the right choice for your business, we have broken out 19 of the best PPC tools into the main campaign categories and highlighted the top features and use cases for each one.
Disclaimer: This article does contain some affiliate links. If you purchase a tool through one of my links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links are followed by (aff) in this article. Thanks for the support!
What to Look for in a PPC Toolset
When it comes to running profitable PPC campaigns across different search engines like Google, Bing, and Amazon, you need to consider various aspects, including:
- Campaign management and optimization to set up and manage the campaign, plus automate a lot of the ongoing bid management and account optimization.
- Keyword and competitor research to identify which keywords will drive high-converting traffic.
- Ad creation – text, image, shopping, and video – so you can identify which ad copy will help win the click.
- Landing page creation and testing to determine which landing page designs have the highest conversion rates.
- Campaign measurement and reporting so that you can track the right KPIs, quickly spot weaknesses, and find opportunities to boost ROI at scale across multiple accounts and channels.
You’ll need a toolset that helps you excel in each of these areas.
Below, we have listed some of the best PPC tools for each use case, so you can weigh up the best option for your business.
Let’s dive in!
Best PPC Campaign Management Tools
PPC campaign management tools automate many of the time-consuming tasks and can produce insights that help agencies and marketers maximize the return on their ad spend.
Let’s take a look at some of the tools:
Google Ads Editor
Google Ads Editor is a free, downloadable app that lets you work offline and make changes quickly and easily, so you can be more productive and efficient when managing your campaigns.
- Download your campaigns, so you can keep working even when you’re offline.
- Leverage bulk editing tools to quickly make changes to all of your accounts all at once.
- Review your edits in draft before executing them across your campaigns.
- Export and import files, so your colleagues can review and propose changes.
- Track essential campaign metrics, like click-through rate, cost, position, and conversion information.
Pricing: Free to Google Ads advertisers | Download
Bing Ads Editor
The Bing Ads Editor is also a free, downloadable desktop app that streamlines your PPC campaign management — online or offline. It’s a must-have tool for running and managing your ad campaigns on the Bing search engine.
- Sync your campaigns and accounts, make changes or additions offline, and upload revisions with one click.
- Directly create campaigns, edit ads, and manage millions of keywords in bulk.
- Manage URLs, ad copy, budgets, bids, targeting, and ad extensions efficiently.
- Download and import multiple accounts simultaneously, and copy and paste from one account to another.
Pricing: Free to Bing Ads advertisers | Download
DataFeedWatch optimizes your data feeds and campaign performance on 1000+ global shopping channels and marketplaces. Easily create, enhance, and distribute your product catalog from one platform.
- Sell your products on 1000+ shopping channels, marketplaces, and through selected affiliate networks.
- Update product feeds automatically and send them to your advertising channels daily.
- Make your campaigns more effective with enriched feeds. For example, adjust bids based on profit margin.
- Examine your feed for issues such as missing or incorrect data all in one place and avoid the back-and-forth with the shopping channels.
Pricing: From $39/month | Free Trial
PPC Entourage is a robust and powerful Amazon PPC ads tool that lets you work on your ads in bulk so that you save time and money on your campaigns.
- Save countless hours with sales-driven automation to control bid price, remove search terms that are wasting your ad spend, and more.
- Eliminate guesswork with proven Amazon PPC strategies to optimize all of your campaigns in minutes, not hours.
- Optimize your bids across multiple campaigns and ad groups at once using our max bid formula.
- Check which products, targets, search terms, and ASINs are underperforming based on your ACoS targets in each campaign dashboard.
Pricing: Monthly subscription (see below) | 14-day Free Trial
– If you spend less than $1,000/month in a region, PPC Entourage is free.
– If you spend between $1,000-$10,000/month in ad spend, that region will cost $97/month.
– If you spend over $10k/month in ad spend, that region will cost $197/month.
Optmyzr allows you to manage PPC campaigns across Google, Bing, Facebook, and Amazon, covering all ad formats. It helps you to become more efficient by using automation to win the PPC battle.
- Manage campaigns across Google, Bing, Amazon, and Facebook.
- Optimize all ad formats – search, display, shopping, and video ads.
- Automate the optimization of your keywords, ad copy, and bid strategy with machine learning capabilities.
- Boost your PPC team’s efficiency with the BLUEPRINTS feature that lets you create and assign workflows for team members.
Pricing: From $249/month | 14-day Free Trial
Adalysis is a PPC management software for Google and Bing Ads campaigns. It simplifies PPC optimization, automation, and reporting processes.
- Build ad groups and ads in an existing campaign automatically.
- Manage and schedule your ads in bulk with automated rules.
- Automate your keyword and search terms analysis and management.
- Monitor, analyze, and control your campaign budget.
- Monitor, analyze, and identify your best-performing landing pages.
Pricing: From $99/month | 14-day Free Trial
Best PPC Keyword and Competitor Research Tools
PPC keyword and competitor research tools eliminate the guesswork. No more wondering which keyword to target, which ad copy to use to win the click, which landing page templates to use to get more conversions, which display creatives to design, or where the ads are being published online.
These insights are invaluable in avoiding wasted ad spend. Simply see what is working for the competition, and start with a proven roadmap for a profitable campaign.
Semrush (aff) is an all-in-one marketing platform that includes robust PPC keyword and competitor research features. Its Advertising Toolkit (aff) has all the tools you need to plan profitable PPC campaigns.
- Analyze competitors’ keywords and track if they are increasing or decreasing spend over time.
- Find high-value keywords your top competitors are bidding on, but you’re missing.
- Check your competitors’ top-performing ad copy and see how long the ads have been running.
- Identify the landing page URL for every keyword competitors are targeting and analyze how they are converting paid traffic.
- See which display ad creatives – text, image, or HTML – are running, and which competitors are publishing the ads.
Pricing: From $119.95/month | 30-day Free Trial
Moat is a handy tool for gathering Google Ad creative insights and inspiration. Simply enter a competitor’s brand name and check Moat’s extensive library of display ads.
- Search, compare, and track campaigns over time to understand how your strategy stacks up against your competitors’.
- View advertising creative and messaging to discover the brand messages used by your competitors.
- Check the image dimensions and active run dates of each ad.
- Leverage three-plus years of data to understand industry trends.
- Filter and sort data to gain the insights most relevant to your business.
Pricing: Upon request.
Take your display ad insights to another level. While tools like Semrush give great competitor creative insights on Google, Adbeat takes it a step further with display insights across 90+ networks.
- Enter a competitor and immediately see what networks and ad types they’re currently running.
- Reveal successful traffic sources and placements that are already working for your competitors.
- Drill down by country or device and find out which ad networks send the most profitable traffic before investing any ad spend.
- Monitor and analyze your competitors’ ad creatives – messaging, placement, size.
Pricing: From $249/month | No Free Trial, but Adbeat Basic is free.
Google Keyword Planner
Google’s Keyword Planner provides insights such as volume, competition level, demand trends, and estimated costs for top-of-page one placement. You can also get useful keyword data at the state/ city levels, guiding local businesses on which terms to bid on.
On the downside, you have to be spending money on the platform to get insights. Plus, they have recently started restricting data in the Search Terms reports in the Google Ads interface, making it harder to hone in on the highest converting keywords.
- Discover new keywords related to your products or services.
- Get insights into how often particular keywords are searched and how those searches have changed over time.
- Get suggested bid estimates for each keyword, so you can determine your advertising budget.
- Add your chosen keywords to your advertising plan.
Pricing: Free to Google Ads advertisers | Go to Google Keyword Planner
Best PPC Ad Creation Tools
PPC ad creation tools help to quickly create engaging display or video ad creatives based on competitor analysis conducted with tools like Semrush and Moat.
Snappa (aff) makes it easy to create any type of online graphic, including display ads, social media, blogs, and more. It includes a massive library of pre-built templates for all the major social networks and Google display specs. This tool saves me hours every week.
It’s the tool I use and recommend!
- Choose from thousands of professional-looking pre-made templates that earn you more attention, clicks, and customers.
- Start your design with the perfect image dimensions for display ads, social media, blogs, emails, and infographics.
- Access a library of over 5 million free, high-resolution photos and graphics without worrying about usage rights.
- Choose from over 200 fonts, 100,000+ vectors and shapes, and adjust photo effects until your graphic is perfect.
Pricing: Starter plan is Free | Pro plan from $10/month
Lumen5 is an AI-powered video creation platform that makes it easy for anyone to create professional videos in minutes.
You can create videos for practically any type and platform, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, slideshows, ecommerce videos, educational videos, promo videos, infographic videos, and more.
- Create high-quality video ads that grab attention.
- Create slideshows and promo videos that tell your brand’s story.
- Integrate high-quality media from a library of millions of photos, video clips, and audio files.
- Customize with voiceovers and brand presets from hundreds of themes, colors, fonts, and more.
Pricing: Forever Free plan | Creator plan from $15/month | Get started for free
Best PPC Landing Page Tools
Once you’ve got in front of your audience and won the click, you’re only halfway there. All the traffic means nothing if you don’t convert it into a lead or sale. This is where you take the competitor landing page insights and quickly create your own landing pages. These tools make it easy to create high-converting landing pages and run A/B tests.
Unbounce (aff) allows you to create high-converting landing pages in minutes without any coding. You can also easily set up and track A/B tests to continuously optimize your landing pages.
- Get started on any campaign using one of the 100+ customizable, conversion-focused templates.
- Create responsive, conversion-optimized landing pages with the drag-and-drop page builder.
- Choose from over 850,000 professional, copyright-free images to enhance your landing page.
- Swap out pieces of text dynamically to match the search terms a visitor used to get to your page.
- Clone and edit whole landing pages that have proven successful before.
- Run A/B split tests to determine how different landing page variants resonate with website visitors.
Pricing: Starts from $80/month | Start your free 14-day trial
Instapage is the only landing page platform designed to create, personalize, and optimize post-click landing pages at scale. It includes six products and hundreds of features built specifically to help you increase your advertising conversion rates.
- Build relevant, on-brand, mobile-responsive landing pages and experiences without having to hire a developer.
- Choose from 500+ customizable layouts built and tested for conversion.
- Boost visitor engagement and conversions with unique landing page experiences for every ad and target audience.
- Optimize your landing pages for higher conversion rates with detailed heatmaps, A/B testing, and robust analytics.
- Visualize your ad campaigns and effortlessly connect ads to relevant post-click landing pages
Pricing: $149/month | Start your free 14-day trial.
Best PPC Reporting Tools
PPC reporting tools are essential for marketing teams and agencies to identify issues and highlight opportunities for optimizing ads.
Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is a free tool that lets you build PPC reports with the Google Ads connector. Plus, there’s an option for developers to create their own connectors.
You can fetch data from multiple sources, including first-party connectors – Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, and Google Ads – and third-party connectors like SEMrush (built by the Data Studio community).
- Fetch data from multiple sources into a single report.
- Filter data based on locations, devices, channels, and more.
- Automate reporting with customized date ranges.
- Create various types of data visualizations using the quick-start templates.
Pricing: Free | Start here
Supermetrics (aff) is the most straightforward way to move your advertising data from Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, Google Analytics, and more, to your reporting and analytics platform of choice, including Google Sheets and Data Studio. Plus, you can connect with data sources that Data Studio doesn’t have native connectors for.
- Create custom reports for clients in Data Studio (aff) without having to spend a lot of money each month for a dedicated reporting platform.
- Build reports and bring data into Google Sheets (aff) and Excel, if that’s your preference.
- Make custom charts and graphs by using the pre-built templates or by segmenting the data.
Pricing: Starts at $39/month for Data Studio and $69/month for Google Sheets | Start your free 14-day trial here.
Databox (aff) is the tool I use to create custom SEO and PPC reports for my agency clients.
It’s the most powerful tool I have found to build super custom reports quickly. I can pull data from hundreds of different sources into a single dashboard, and then use the Query Builder (aff) to slice the data and present it practically however I want.
It can be pricey, but if you’re looking for a robust reporting tool that will create interactive, real-time reports that are as custom as you need them, this is a great option to consider.
- Pull data from hundreds of sources – including Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, and SEMrush– with one-click integrations and get data from other sources via custom API connections.
- Build your own dashboards to visualize data and KPIs.
- Consolidate data from any source and easily calculate new metrics, conversion rates, ROI, and much more.
- Select from a library of hundreds of pre-built templates, filterable by data source and category, such as Paid Search and Paid Social.
- Analyze your Google Ads campaigns, ad groups, keywords, and engagement metrics to improve your return on investment (ROI).
Pricing: Starts with a Free plan, and grows with your business
Bonus PPC Tools
Here are a couple more bonus PPC tools that’ll save you time and money when running PPC campaigns.
AdWords Wrapper can save you a load of time when you’re creating match types for different campaigns and ad groups.
Let’s say you have a long list of keywords ready to add to your campaign, and you want to add them as both Exact Match and Modified Broad Match, then doing it manually would take a long time.
But with AdWords Wrapper, you can input your list of keywords once and get seven separate lists:
- Broad, Modified Broad, Phrase, and Exact Match.
- Modified Broad, Phrase, and Exact Match.
- Broad, Phrase, and Exact Match.
- Phrase and Exact Match.
- Modified Broad Match.
- Phrase Match only.
- Exact Match only.
Keywords are sorted in character code order, and duplicates are automatically removed. Additionally, you can change to lowercase, remove bids, and remove URLs.
Pricing: Free | Start here
PPC Protect is the leading click fraud detection software for your PPC campaigns. Its automated protection helps maximize your PPC campaign budget by blocking potential robots from accessing and clicking your ads.
- Block bots, scrapers, competitors, click farms, and dodgy apps from destroying your conversion rate and wasting your PPC spend.
- Make more meaningful data-driven decisions with a clean and transparent dataset free of invalid traffic.
- Detect and filter bad traffic automatically and in real-time.
Pricing: Starts at $50/month | Start 14-day free trial
Which PPC Software Are You Going to Try in 2021?
So there you have it – 19 field-tested PPC tools to eliminate the guesswork and help you run profitable PPC campaigns in 2021.
A tool like Semrush (aff) is extremely valuable when analyzing keywords, researching competitors, scrutinizing ad copy, and examining landing pages, whereas a tool like Optmyzr helps manage your overall PPC campaign.
Other tools like Snappa, AdWords Wrapper, and PPC Protect will save you time and money so that you can run your PPC campaigns more efficiently, whereas software like Unbounce and Instapage is invaluable when quickly creating and testing high-converting landing pages.
Let me know below which PPC software you’re going to use.